Diane F. Birt papers
Scope and Content
This collection contains materials related to Dr. Birt’s research, including Correspondence, grant information, publications, research data, as well as biographical information and his Doctoral Dissertation.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Dr. Diane Birt was a distinguished Professor in the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition from 1997 until her retirement in retired in 2015, serving as chair from 1997 to 2004.
Her research focused on plant components that help prevent cancer, and her research helped show links between dietary practices and cancer prevention. She’s also investigated the health benefits and adverse effects of botanical supplements.
In 2006, she was named interim director of the Center for Designing Foods to Improve Nutrition.
Throughout her career, she’s helped to advise the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the National Institutes of Health. In 2015 she was elected to the National Academy of Medicine.
0.84 Linear Feet (2 document boxes)
This collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Dissertations Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Iowa State University. Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nutrition--Study and teaching (Higher)--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Research (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Science and Mathematics - Human nutrition Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 12/11/11. Diane F. Birt papers, 1975-2015
- April 10, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note