American Society for Engineering Education
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: RS 11/11/11
Scope and Content The collection (1928-1988, undated) contains biographical material, correspondence, memoranda, writings and publications, course material, materials related to professional societies, consulting work, background resources and conference and meeting data. The collection is sorted into multiple series, but some topics, such as consulting work and related correspondence, may be found in multiple series. Biographical materials in the collection include newspaper...
Dates: 1928-1988, undated
Identifier: RS 11/10/19
Abstract Henry Montgomery Black was born on May 13, 1907, to Alexander and Sarah (Montgomery) Black of Reinbeck, Iowa. He received a B.S. (1929) from Iowa State College (University) and a S.M. (1934) from Harvard University in mechanical engineering. From 1946 until 1972, he served as a professor and head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Iowa State and, until 1977, taught courses on campus. During World War II, Black served in the United States Army Corps of Engineers (1941-1946),...
Dates: 1889-1989, undated
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: RS 11/6/53
Scope and Content This collection (1927-1993, undated) contains biographical information, correspondence, writings and creative works, and materials related to Ryder's professional activities and associations. Much of the personal information about Ryder included in the collection is contained in faculty information forms, awards materials, photographs, personal correspondence, newspaper clippings, and memorabilia. In addition to the personal correspondence, there are also files of...
Dates: 1927-1993, undated
Identifier: RS 11/10/17
Scope and Content This collection (1907-1967, undated) includes memorials, newspaper clippings, and biographical sketches regarding Professor Cleghorn. Also included are Cleghorn's research notes, manuscripts, publications, and talks to students and staff. In addition, there are files related to Cleghorn's work as part of the W. H. Meeker Portrait Committee, information regarding the 75th anniversary celebration of Iowa State University, and correspondence concerning his consulting work with the Ames' power...
Dates: 1907-1967, undated
- Biographies (literary works) 2
- Correspondence 2
- Iowa State University--Alumni and alumnae 2
- Iowa State University. Department of Mechanical Engineering--Faculty 2
- Ceramics--Study and teaching 1
- Computers--Study and teaching 1
- Electrical engineering--Study and teaching 1
- Electrical engineering--United States--History 1
- Engineering--Study and teaching 1
- Iowa State College--Faculty 1
- Iowa State University--Faculty--20th century 1
- Iowa State University. College of Engineering--Faculty 1
- Mechanical engineering--Study and teaching 1
- Mechanical engineers--Iowa 1
- Photographs 1
- Public art--Iowa 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--France--Normandy 1 ∧ less