4-H Youth Development Program (U.S.)
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Coleen A. Wagner was a member of the Elkhorn Earlybirds 4-H Girl's Club from 1946-1952. The collection (1946-1952) contains a 4-H record book, completed by Coleen A. Wagner. The record book contains record of projects, club activities, and photographs.
In January 1910, Iowa State College (University) offered its first junior short course and corn show for club members. During this event a state club organization was formed. The following year Iowa’s first State Club Leader, E. C. Bishop, was hired with the task of organizing boys and girls clubs in Iowa. It wasn’t until 1924 that these clubs became known as 4-H. This collection contains scrapbooks and 4-H materials from members and clubs in Iowa.
Mary Ann McKeehan was a 4-H member in Appanoose County. Mary attended the Iowa State Short Course Program in 1925 and 1926 where she was involved in lessons for girls. The collection has two clothing 4-H project books, newspaper clippings, a notebook that contains notes Mary took during the events, Short Course Programs, and a 4-H hat she wore while attending the program. Also in this collection are three 4-H buttons.
Nancy J. Rash was a member of the Union Whitten Hustlers and Union Preppy Pals 4-H Club from 1962-1970. Nancy was also a 4-H staff person, directing leaders and project training in Howard, Winneshiek, and Allamakee counties from 1983-1985. The collection (1957-1994) contains the 4-H record books with projects, club activities, photographs, as well as 4-H leader and project training material.
- Subject: Scrapbooks X
- Agriculture - 4-H clubs 5
- Correspondence 2
- Photographs 2
- 4-H clubs--Iowa--Boone County 1
- Agricultural education--Societies, etc. 1
- Agricultural extension work--Iowa 1
- Agricultural extension workers--Iowa--Black Hawk County 1
- Agricultural extension workers--Iowa--Monroe County 1
- Agriculture--Iowa 1
- Agriculture--Iowa--Study and teaching 1
- Biographies (literary works) 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Corn--Breeding 1
- County agricultural agents--Iowa 1
- Essays 1
- Girls--Societies, etc. 1
- Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Politics, Practical--Iowa 1
- Programs (documents) 1
- Records (documents) 1 + ∧ less