4-H Youth Development Program (U.S.)
Found in 14 Collections and/or Records:
Coleen A. Wagner was a member of the Elkhorn Earlybirds 4-H Girl's Club from 1946-1952. The collection (1946-1952) contains a 4-H record book, completed by Coleen A. Wagner. The record book contains record of projects, club activities, and photographs.
This collection (1917-1979, undated) contains songbooks, song sheets, as well as camping pamphlets. The songbooks include the 4-H camp songbooks, booklets, and national and state specific songbooks. Also in the collection are community songbooks, convention songbooks, song sheets for various events, and Iowa State College songbooks from 1956.
In January 1910, Iowa State College (University) offered its first junior short course and corn show for club members. During this event a state club organization was formed. The following year Iowa’s first State Club Leader, E. C. Bishop, was hired with the task of organizing boys and girls clubs in Iowa. It wasn’t until 1924 that these clubs became known as 4-H. This collection contains scrapbooks and 4-H materials from members and clubs in Iowa.
The collection (1927-1935) consists of the 4-H record book of Lucille Peterson. The record book contains letters of recommendation, record books for 4-H projects, club programs, longtime personal expense account record books and awards, lists of club and personal activities, her 4-H story, photographs, letters (mostly from Webster County Home Demonstration Agent Elizabeth Peterson), and Iowa State Fair and Webster County Fair ribbons.
This collection (1938-1941) contains the 4-H record book of Luella Naylor which includes questionnaires, accounts of 4-H projects, personal essays, club programs, lists of activities, ribbons, photographs, newspaper clippings, and a health certificate.
The collection (1923-1934) contains the 4-H record book of Marie Mann of the Adel Live Wire 4-H Girls’ Club, Dallas County, Iowa. The book contains club programs, letters of recommendation, record books for 4-H projects, a list of activities, her 4-H story, photographs, newspaper clippings, ribbons, and her health examination.
Mary Ann McKeehan was a 4-H member in Appanoose County. Mary attended the Iowa State Short Course Program in 1925 and 1926 where she was involved in lessons for girls. The collection has two clothing 4-H project books, newspaper clippings, a notebook that contains notes Mary took during the events, Short Course Programs, and a 4-H hat she wore while attending the program. Also in this collection are three 4-H buttons.
Nancy J. Rash was a member of the Union Whitten Hustlers and Union Preppy Pals 4-H Club from 1962-1970. Nancy was also a 4-H staff person, directing leaders and project training in Howard, Winneshiek, and Allamakee counties from 1983-1985. The collection (1957-1994) contains the 4-H record books with projects, club activities, photographs, as well as 4-H leader and project training material.
- Scrapbooks 7
- Agricultural education--Societies, etc. 5
- Agriculture - 4-H clubs 5
- Correspondence 5
- Photographs 5
- Programs (documents) 5
- Records (documents) 5
- Awards 3
- Biographies (literary works) 3
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Essays 3
- Girls--Societies, etc. 3
- 4-H clubs--Iowa--Webster County 2
- Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae 2
- 4-H clubs--Documentation 1
- 4-H clubs--Iowa 1
- 4-H clubs--Iowa--Boone County 1
- 4-H clubs--Iowa--Dallas County 1
- 4-H clubs--Iowa--Story County 1
- Agricultural education--Iowa--Societies, etc. 1
- Agricultural extension work--Iowa 1
- Agricultural extension workers--Iowa--20th century 1
- Agricultural extension workers--Iowa--21st century 1
- Agricultural extension workers--Iowa--Black Hawk County 1
- Agricultural extension workers--Iowa--Monroe County 1
- Agricultural extension workers--Training of 1
- Agriculture--Iowa 1
- Agriculture--Iowa--Study and teaching 1
- Albums (books) 1
- Corn--Breeding 1
- County agricultural agents--Iowa 1
- Ephemera 1
- Girls--Iowa--Adel--Societies, etc 1
- Iowa Agricultural College--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Iowa State University--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Livestock--Documentation 1
- Manuals (instructional materials) 1
- Photographic prints 1
- Politics, Practical--Iowa 1
- Publications (documents) 1 + ∧ less